I’ve audited / reviewed many AdWords campaigns over the past few years, here are the 10 major mistakes I find in most new accounts:
- Group long list of untargeted keywords in a single ad group
- No “peel & stick” keywords to deliver precisely what searchers are looking for
- No running split tests on all campaign to improve the performance on every keywords and ads group
- Not using any Negative keywords to filter out unwanted clicks
- Low Quality Score (below 5/10)
- Directing PPC traffic solely to home page
- Activate both Google Search and Content Network in a single campaign and confused by the extremely different way in which it functions
- Not tracking conversions to leads and sales at the keyword level
- Poor campaign organization
- Only run keywords with broad match
Are you making the above mistakes too? By avoiding these mistakes, you’ll be on your way to a successful AdWords campaign.
The ideas and the secrets of Richard Branson’s success…
(Poster from Praveena)
CPA (Cost per action) is one of the most lucrative and simple ways to make money online. It is a high reward & low risk Internet business model. You only need to send visitors to a merchant’s Web site that you are representing. If they complete a required action (for example, fill in a form), the merchant pays you a commission. No fuss, no muss!
They are lot of Internet marketers earning big money in CPA. Simply Google it, you will get plenty of websites that want to sell you their “secrets”. Yes, you get excited about the figure they show you. This is just an end result. The most important is to learn their methods and tactics to achieve it.
Alan Tan has just released a detailed CPA guide for Malaysian. Don’t expect you will learn a short-cut way to fast Internet wealth. This book is all about providing you a good foundation about CPA marketing and how the industry work. He also provides few practical tips to make money in a short time. Like what he said:
“Please take time to learn from the basic before even dreaming of earning $20,000 in a week!”
Be forewarned about this book, though. The material Alan covers will be extensive in scope. It will require effort and commitment on your part, as does anything important that yields rewards.
As a Malaysian, especially new marketer, one of the challenges is to get accepted into the CPA affiliate networks. Without getting your account approve, you can forget about earning money with CPA. Alan goes in length in guiding you to choose the right network to promote and how to get accepted into those networks. He even provides a list of frequently asked questions so that you can prepare yourself in advance for phone interview with publishing manager.
The secret to success in CPA marketing boils down to one thing – TRAFFIC. Making money is easier if you know the methods to drive targeted traffic. Almost one-third of the book focuses on the five main effective methods to drive traffic to your CPA offers. It covers both free and paid traffic.
Based on my experience, the most effective and lucrative ways to make money online is through paid traffic sources like PPC, PPV and others. Therefore, if you want to be the next super affiliate, study and master paid traffic sources.
The book also include one advanced affiliate strategy – how to “spy” your competitor campaigns. This is one of the tricks that I personally use to create highly profitable PPC campaigns extremely quickly whilst avoiding some of the tedious tasks like research, optimization and testing.
Also included in the book is the exclusive interview with 3 successful Internet marketers so that you can learn few practical tips from them. Yes, I’m one of them .
Overall, “Making Money Online Without Selling Anything” is nothing short of impressive. Alan Tan not only provides you the basics of CPA marketing, but also some practical tips for you to start making money online in a short time.
The book is available for sales from all MPH Bookstores and online at Book Planet.
Just read Glenn’s sharing about his 10 most important business insights, based on what he has done and learned in the last 10 years of his business venture.
I find his business insights are pure gold and would like to share over here.
By the way, Glenn is the guy befind Rocket Clicks – the SEM firm that I most respected. I’ve been with his Hyper-Responsive Marketing Secrets for over a year. Lot of good stuff inside. The problem is I have not go through his complete modules
Anyway, here is the overall summary of his most important insight that tie together all his 10 insights of the decade:
THERE REALLY ARE NO SHORTCUTS:
- I’ve had hundreds of students come to me with some variation of the following “You’re obviously the guy to work with for building a solid foundation for a long term, profitable, growing business. But who do you recommend to make money NOW? I NEED money NOW!“
- Believe me, I’ve tried everything. I have access to many of the top courses and launches just for the asking. But EVERY time I get excited that there might be a better, faster way, I wind up wasting time and money, and actually setting myself back, wishing I never did it.
- This really is a “tortoise and the hare” game. My friend David Oliver says “I can’t beat you NOW, but I can definitely beat you 12 months out with focus and determination“. Well, I’m kind of like the “ultimate tortoise with x-ray vision”.
What this means for you is, decide on a model you believe in, dig in, and put your nose to the grindstone. Keep the dream alive, and do whatever it takes to stay in the game until you win the game.
You can download the complete cheat sheet – click here.